Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 19, 2011

An old wooden window pane.

I bought this window pane at a garage sale a couple months ago for $3 and couldn't figure out what exactly I wanted to do with it. I had been wanting one for a long time and was on a mission to find one at a garage sale. Luckily it didn't take me too long. I almost peed my pants when I saw it sitting in the garage. I just didn't know what I wanted to do with it. How I wanted to decorate it.

 Do you remember what it used to look like? Well, the fake flowers HAD to go. I knew that. After the removal of the flowers there was so much hot glue on it still that it took me forever to get it all off. Robert did not like how old it looked (the paint chipping away and so on), I thought it gave it a little character. But I sanded and painted it a little so that it  hid some of the worn look to make Robert happy. I then added some fabric and some flags for a bit of color. I love how it turned out.

I ended up putting it on my mantel as part of my summer display. Summer, you ask? Yes, can you tell I'm ready for school to be out and for some warmer weather. I thought that maybe if I updated my mantel the weather would take a hint.


Oh...you see those flowers on my table...those were the bouquets the bridesmaids held at Kadi's wedding this past weekend. I took them apart and used them as a center piece. I love it.


1 comment:

  1. I love your window it is so pretty with the color behind it and the banner. I am visiting from I heart naptime. Come and say hi I love visitors and will be doing a giveaway this week

    A Mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete