Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, April 9, 2011

LEA

Every 3 years we (Lutheran School Teachers) have the opportunity to go to our National Convention. This year a couple co-teachers and I decided that we wanted to present at LEA. Preparing for our presentation made me really nervous. I was actually nervous up until the time I actually had to stand up and present.

We presented on Online Student Collaboration. I know I know it sound awful. Why we didn't come up with catchy name I have no clue.

We wanted the teachers who attended our conference to walk away with ideas that they could use when they returned to school on Monday. So we decided to have 4 parts to our presentation and each one of us would present on one part. These consisted of online collaborative documents, student blogging, using Skype, and Diigo. I presented on how to use Skype in the classroom.

We came away from our presentation with such positive feedback. I was such an amazing experience. The room was packed, chairs were filled, people were standing and sitting on the ground. It was awesome. This was more than we ever imagined.

Here is a picture of the teachers that presented with me. See the sign...yep...that's us!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment