Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

DIY Valentine Decorations

I'm all about cheap but I'm not all about decorations looking cheap. I'm working on decorating my house with as little money as possible which means making a lot of it myself. Here are a few Valentine decorations that I made myself.

The first one is a grocery bag wreath. It was very easy to make, starting out with just a wire coat hanger and grocery bags cut in to strips. You shape the coat hanger in to a heart and start tying the grocery bags around the hanger until it is full. This was the end product.
I'm happy with how it turned out. I especially like it against the black picture frame and homemade red ribbon. 

I was inspired to make the second project while walking through Goodwill. I saw this nasty picture but I knew it was exactly what I wanted. 

Before

After
I made this by cutting hearts and squares out of scrapbooking paper. I think I might use this frame and change the pictures on the inside to match the month/holiday.
I love how this one turned out also.









1 comment:

  1. I made a regular circle wreath like that when I was in second grade. My mom still has it. It's an easy craft for kids to do in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete