Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 20, 2011

I actually cooked

Because we had a snow day last week. Because it's really cold outside. Because Robert is watching what he eats (me too...just right into my mouth). Because I started blogging again.  Because I have added so many new, cool blogs to my Google reader and because I can't stop reading them.  Because in my reader I found these recipes. Because I almost had all of the ingredients at home.  And last I wanted to prove to my husband myself that I can really cook a good, healthy dinner.

    I decided to make these two dinners this week. The first one I made because I was in the mood for something different. Too bad it didn't hit the spot. Not that it wasn't good, it just wasn't what my taste buds were wanting. I found the recipe here. Of course it is from The Pioneer Woman Cooks...I just love her and her recipes. Teri- you have to read her website/blog. She has some good stuff.

Tuesday night dinner: Hot and Sweet Drumsticks
Wednesday Night dinner: Pantry Pasta for Two

The recipe calls for a can of diced tomatoes which I didn't have at home so I threw in a can of Rotel instead. I knew Robert would like this because it added a little more spice to the meal. This meal was a hit with Robert. Oh, I forgot to tell you, Robert decided to have his without the bottom layer of noodles. I knew he wouldn't want them so before he even knew what we were having for dinner I made his plate without the noodles. He appreciated it. Let me know if you try these recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment