It was my first attempt at a diaper cake. It's a little boring but now that I know how to make them the next one (for Kendra's baby) should be good. I can't wait.
Here's how I made it.
Roll every diaper starting at the top of the diaper and tie with a small hair rubber band. (you will need about 56 diapers for this cake.)
Place a big rubber band around a bottle and start adding your rolled diapers around the bottle. You will need three rings of diapers around the bottle.Make sure you turn all the diapers so that the seam is faced in. Makes for a better looking cake.
Once you are down with the first layer you can add another big rubber band to the top of the bottle to add your second layer. You will only need two rings this time.
The top layer only consists of one ring and I added another bottle for a topper too. You don't have to, you can add a stuffed animal or anything you want.
Next, add some ribbon to cover the rubber band and add your decorations.
And you're done.





No comments:
Post a Comment